Friday, February 13, 2015

The Snorkel Cover

The round cover on the snorkel box had been drilled by a PO ,covered with black goo, and then drilled again for the purpose of installing a metal bracket. Whatever function it served had been deleted by the time I acquired the car.


I took the bracket off and it now looked even worse, if such a thing is possible.


 Ebay.de came through again and I found an NOS round cover. Looks better now even though some day I have to get rid of that non-standard air hose below it.


UPDATE:

I found out that the stock air hose was still available from my local BMW dealer and only cost a few dollars so I ran downtown and snagged one. They remarked that there were only six of these hoses left in the USA. Much better. From Sweden, of all places, I acquired the rubber fitting that snugs the hose into the air box. Last step was to remove the entire assembly and give it a fresh coat of paint.



No comments:

Post a Comment