Saturday, January 21, 2012

Hood Insulation Conundrum - SOLVED

I just got a fun package from W&N with hood installation. The end pieces went on nicely, with my trademark Canadian lumberjack ax ensuring a good bond at the corner of the left-side piece.

Problem is, W&N said, "there is a big pad for the center will will be placed under the central metal bar."

Well, that's not going to happen. The vertical metal bar (and I had sent them a similar photo of the hood underside) is only about 1/16" from the hood. Short of using a crowbar there's no way the pad's going to fit under that bar.

Solution - cut the pad in half, leaving room for the metal bar?  Or something I haven't thought of?


NOTE: This question was posted on BMW2002faq.com in hope of further suggestions.  A helpful guy in France said words to the effect of, "Just cut the stupid thing."

And so I did.


No comments:

Post a Comment