Tuesday, January 27, 2015

A Glovebox and its Liner

Every time I open the glovebox I am reminded a few issues. Mostly concerning the glovebox liner itself, which was horribly mutilated to accommodate the now useless stereo. And how I can't seem to find a proper liner to replace it.

One item I could rectify, however, was the condition of the lid liner. Although the the bright sun in the photo above masks the worn-out black liner, it looked terrible and was even coming unglued.

So I took out my bottle of black acrylic paint and with a small artist brush repainted the liner.  It came out nicely and presumably more like it looked when new.  A bit of expoxy and a small clamp took care of the loose fit.

No comments:

Post a Comment